Using Monday.com for Project Management
Monday.com improves productivity, profitability, and overall team chemistry in the workplace. In this 2-day boot camp, you will get an intensive walkthrough of Monday.com that will ensure you have the knowledge and ability to effectively implement the project management tool in your work environment. Guided by an industry expert, you will discuss various use cases for Monday.com, taking a holistic approach to each. You and your teammates will leave this course knowing how to implement proven project management and agile methodologies using Monday.com as your centralized tool.
Available formats for this course
Duration2 days/16 hours of instruction
Starting at: $1750(USD)
GSA Price: $1640
Group Rate: $1650
Day 1: Introduction To Monday.com
This section introduces course participants to Monday.com without assuming any previous experience with the platform. As we progress deeper into the course material, succeeding parts build on the knowledge of those before them. As such, it helps to follow along with the steps and activities, asking questions where clarification is needed.
Part 1: Getting Started With Monday.com
This section is a great starting point for new users of Monday.com to familiarize themselves with the platform.
1. Exercise: Sign up for Monday.com
2. Learn How to Create and Join a Team
3. Exercise: Explore Monday.com menus and user interface navigation
Part 2: Monday.com Boards
Keeping tasks categorized and available to the users assigned to them, Monday.com uses an internal logic based on the concept of boards.
1. Introduction to Monday.com Boards
2. Exercise: Learn how to create boards and tasks
3. Exercise: Make Kanban-style boards in Monday.com
4. How to Assign Users to Boards and Tasks
5. Exercise: Add automation and integrations to boards
Part 3: Calendar Integration With Monday.com
Tasks, activities, or plans in any industry share a common variable: time. This places a calendar at the core of almost all applications like Monday.com. This section will demonstrate how to integrate mainstream calendars with Monday.com.
1. How to Set Up Monday.com for Calendar Integration
- Exercise: Connect Google Calendar to Monday.com
- Exercise: Synchronize Outlook Calendar with Monday.com
- Exercise: Integrate iCalendar with Monday.com
Part 4: Monday.com Mobile and Desktop Apps
Working efficiently with Monday.com requires accessibility on the platforms that users are most familiar with. This removes the requirement to be in front of your workstation the entire time. Monday.com has mobile, windows, and mac computer native applications to solve this scenario.
1. Learn How to Use Monday.com Mobile App
- Exercise: Installing Monday.com for Android
- Exercise: Installing Monday.com for iOS
2. Learn How to Use Monday.com's Windows App
3. Learn How to Use Monday.com's macOS App
Part 5: Team Communication With Monday.com
Managing boards and tasks in Monday.com is one side of optimizing your business. The other side includes a lot of collaboration and communication around every task. This section walks users through the seamless integration of communication tools to their instances of Monday.com.
1. Learn How to Optimize Internal Communication With Monday.com
- Exercise: Add Zoom to Monday.com
- Exercise: Access Slack through Monday.com
Part 6: Monday.com Administration
The admin role for Monday.com takes control of all aspects of the application. Learning the ins and outs of this role allows the rest of a company's users to focus on their tasks.
1. Exercise: Create automated alerts and notifications
2. Exercise: Explore third-party integrations
- Freshdesk and Monday.com
- Eventbrite and Monday.com
- HubSpot and Monday.com
- Salesforce and Monday.com
3. How to Manage Your Account
Part 7: Monday.com Use Cases
The previous sections equip learners with the various components of Monday.com. At this point, we'll explore several of its practical use cases. Hands-on participation in this section's activities.
1. Grasping Project Management With Monday.com
2. Exercise: Learn how software development teams can use Monday.com
3. Exercise: Discover how HR and team management use Monday.com
4. Using Monday.com As a Sales CRM
Day 2: Monday.com Pro
Now that you've gained some proficiency using Monday.com, in this section, you'll achieve pro-level knowledge of the platform. While Part 3 requires some technical knowledge of the platform, Parts 1 and 2 require specific knowledge of workflows and project management skills, which were covered in Day 1 of this course.
Part 1: Creating Agile Workflows With Monday.com
No prior knowledge of the agile workflow, in general, was assumed of users taking this course. However, not knowing agile makes the learning curve steeper. As such, a quick revisit to the agile course is recommended for all attendees.
1. A Quick Refresher on the Agile Methodology
2. Discussion: Why Monday.com works with the agile methodology (paradigm-shift session)
3. Exercise: Create an agile workflow in Monday.com
4. How to Manage an Agile Workflow With Monday.com
5. Exercise: Analyze sample agile workflows
Part 2: Adopting Monday.com To Scrum Workflows
Some companies prefer the scrum methodology over any other option. That's why this course includes a hands-on walk-through of setting up scrum workflows. As with the agile methodology, taking a glimpse at the scrum project management methodology course is recommended.
1. A Quick Refresher on the Scrum Methodology
2. Discussion: Why Monday.com works with the scrum methodology (paradigm-shift session)
3. Exercise: Create a scrum workflow in Monday.com
4. How to Manage a Scrum Workflow With Monday.com
5. Exercise: Analyze sample scrum workflows
Part 3: Extending Monday.com Features With APIs
Sometimes, users will require the Monday.com platform features to merge with their unique workflows in ways that don't come with default memberships. For that reason, Monday.com provides APIs and Developer Mode. This section touches on the various ways that you can customize the experiences and features of Monday.com to comprehensively serve your company's needs.
1. Introduction to the Monday.com API
2. Exercise: Use Monday.com's Developer Mode
3. Authentication With Monday.com API Explained
4. Exercise: Hands-on demonstration of using Monday.com API
1. Discussing Various Opportunities and Use Cases for Monday.com
2. Open-Floor Q&A Session
This Monday.com training course is designed for those new to using the tool, no matter your domain or industry.
The types of teams that will find this course particularly useful include:
- Marketing Teams
- Agile Teams
- Software Development Teams
- HR Teams
- Sales Teams
- IT Teams
- Product Teams
- Design Teams
- Create boards and tasks
- Add automation and integrations to boards
- Connect your calendars to Monday.com
- Improve team communication through tool integrations
- Use Monday.com as Sales CRM
- Create agile workflows with Monday.com
- Adopt Monday.com to scrum workflows
- Extend Monday.com features with APIs